It gets worse! One of my ambitions is to open a business called ‘Pluck off and Dye’. Its about eyebrows of course.
Eyebrows are more important than most of us think. They are our facial expression, they frame the windows of our souls.
- If your eyebrows are pale – rather than trying any major colour enhancement or definition using shadow or pencil – dye them! Use Refectocil or Julienne from the chemist mixed in equal measure with volume 20 peroxide.
- Only make use of shadow or pencil to enhance the brows in cases where they need a minor enhancement or to fill in where hair is missing due to a scar or something.
- If your brows are thick or untidy, pluck them into shape. They don’t have to be skinny to look good, just neatly groomed.
- Pluck under the arch, tapering thinner towards the outer edges. I’ve seen some very interesting interpretations of good eyebrow shaping, if you’re not sure, get professional help here, its worth it.
- Don’t hollow your brows out all the way towards the inner edge of the brow, and don’t pluck so much above your nose, between your brows that you have a permanent surprised look (why do people do this?).
- The inner half of the brow should be thick and bold, and, only if you are actually suffering from ‘unibrow syndrome’ do you need to pluck between the brows.
- Don’t pluck the hair on top of your brows, you want your shaping to lift the brow, you want a big space between your eye and your brow. If you need to thin your brows, always remove hair beneath the brow rather than above.
Study the faces you see in magazines and decide which you think are the most beautiful. Try to immitate the styles you think will suit your face the most.